Monday, February 05, 2007

Male-bashing in 1933


I came across "Puppy Love" today, a 1933 Disney animated short. I saw it via Comcast's website, and can't, for the life of me, find it anywhere else, including Youtube, Google Video and Metacafe. I tried to rip it from the Disney website, but they've wrapped the video in flash, so I can't do that either. Bastards.

Anyway, here's an explanation of the cartoon short. When I saw Minnie's reaction to the bone in the candy box, I thought, how typical. She gets angry, he gets afraid, now she'll probably kick him in the nuts and boil his dog alive.

But then Mickey's reaction surprised me - he got angry after a few seconds of Minnie's tirade, and angrily left the house, slamming the door and the fence, which naturally caused everything to collapse. Even Mickey's dog got in on the action, growled menacingly at Fifi and followed his master. My connection timed out at that point and I don't feel like wading through the video again, so I'll leave it at that. It sure was a refreshing change from the usual male-bashing though.

Can you imagine Raymond getting angry at his bitchy wife and giving her a peace of his mind in 2007? That would be the day... maybe then everyone really would love Raymond and his backbone! snigger

No comments:

Post a Comment